Ocean Resort Casino to Ride Hard Rock Wave, Announces Same June 28 Opening Date

Ocean Resort Casino to Ride Hard Rock Wave, Announces Same June 28 Opening Date

Ocean Resort Casino is opening June 28, the day that is same Hard Rock, in what’s most likely to become Atlantic City’s unofficial start to the 2018 summer.

Ocean Resort Casino is to start its doors in June on the extremely same day as its neighbor down the Boardwalk.

Though summer technically begins a week earlier on June 21, the opening of Ocean Resort and rough Rock on the same time should attract a mob of people to New Jersey’s beachfront gambling hub.

Ocean Resort, the former Revel, and Hard Rock, the former Trump Taj Mahal, are just a short walk in one another.

Ocean Resort was acquired in January by Colorado developer Bruce Deifik’s Integrated qualities for $200 million from Glenn Straub. The property, which cost $2.4 billion to build but shut less than two and a years that are half its 2014 opening, was sold to Straub in bankruptcy just for $82 million.

Deifik’s group is overhauling the resort at a cost that is unknown make it more attractive than its previous incarnation. The smoking ban is being lifted, two-night minimum weekend stays are no more, pedestrian traffic flow is being made simpler, and the overall ‘stuffy’ customer support is changed to ‘treat people with respect,’ Deifik recently told the Associated Press.

After rumors emerged that Ocean Resort Casino was considering opening the same day as complex Rock, Deifik confirmed the maximum amount of in a statement issued on Monday.

What to Expect

The entire 6.4 million-square-foot Ocean Resort Casino is ‘undergoing a property refresh,’ based on Deifik.

Notable new features range from the world’s largest Topgolf Swing Suite that offers simulated golf games, renovated 5,500-seat Ovation Hall theater, brand new time and nightclubs, spa, and 16 dining establishments.

Though smoking will be permitted in designated sections of the casino flooring, Ocean Resort hopes to become more family-friendly at the same time. a kid-focused eatery called ‘Cereal Town’ where children can have ‘cereal from around the globe’ is one particular ploy to get parents in the doors.

The casino will span 138,000 square feet. Before gaming operations can begin, the continuing state Casino Control Commission will need to review a suggestion from the Division of Gaming Enforcement and hold a hearing.

Cause for Celebration

Hard Rock Atlantic City purchased the shuttered Taj from billionaire Carl Icahn in March 2017 for $50 million. The company that is seminole-owned spending more than $500 million turning the resort into a rock ‘n’ roll-themed destination.

Gambling, according to tricky Rock CEO Jim Allen, will come second.

‘ When we announced that we were going to part of the Atlantic City gaming market, we possessed a different view point,’ Allen said last month. ‘It’s not about video gaming. It is about entertainment.’

But Atlantic City is about gaming, and while Allen is living up to his claim by booking 300 concerts and shows in one, the resort’s future will likely heavily depend on revenues generated inside the casino year.

The seven remaining casinos have published back-to-back annual gross gaming income wins after suffering nine several years of declines that saw five resorts shutter. The reopening of two Atlantic City gambling enterprises is reason to celebrate, but with caution.

Anthony Marino, a professor that is former Stockton University, wrote in the Lloyd D. Levenson Institute of Gaming quarterly publication last month that the new resorts have lots of wow element. He thinks they will attract new site visitors to Atlantic City, and not simply poach from existing properties.

‘The new arrivals towards the Atlantic City tourism market can easily be expected to generate considerable x1 bet publicity and large crowds,’ Marino concluded.

Derek Stevens’ Downtown Casino Plans Head to Las Vegas Preparing Commission

Derek Stevens, owner of the ‘The D’ and Golden Gate in downtown nevada, has submitted intends to the Las Vegas preparing Commission for his mysterious Fremont Street project, that may be the first hotel that is new casino to be built from the base up downtown since 1980. The commission is scheduled to take a series of votes in the plans on Tuesday.

Natural-born showman Derek Stevens has been unusually quiet about his plans for the corner of Fremont and Main, but Las Vegas Mayor, Carolyn Goodman, has guaranteed they will ‘blow the lid off everything’ and complete the regeneration of downtown. (Image: Las Vegas Review-Journal)

Stevens has been uncharacteristically tight-lipped concerning the development, which, as far as we know, does not yet have an official name. Exactly What we do know, from specs submitted to the commission, is the fact that 1,224,485-square-foot casino and resort will be 459-feet-tall, with 777 guest rooms and 117,740 square legs of video gaming room.

The property will have a 1,526-space parking garage across Main Street that are connected to the casino via a sky bridge. Other features include a rooftop lounge, a sports guide, a ballroom with meeting space, a nightclub, several pubs and restaurants, a pool and spa.

Nevertheless the description may not justice do it. According to Mayor Carolyn Goodman recently, the project will transform the end that is west of Street and ‘blow the lid off everything.’

Grandissimo Planissimo

The casino will rise through the rubble of the historic Las Vegas Club, which had stood on the corner of Fremont and Main since 1949, until it was purchased by Stevens and their brother, Greg Stevens, and demolished year that is last.

Additionally bulldozed into the title of progress was the Mermaids gambling enterprises and Glitter Gulch Strip Club, as well as the ‘Vegas Vicky’ neon cowgirl.

Stevens recently hinted that ‘Grandissimo’ could be described as a true name for the project. Jay Sarno, whom built Caesars Palace, envisaged a resort that is mega the city with that title, however the plan never found fruition, and now Stevens owns the rights to the title.

‘The name, the story, the innovation and creativity of Jay Sarno can be so important in the history of Las Vegas,’ he told the Las vegas, nevada Review-Journal in before adding Gramdissimo was just one possibility and that he remained undecided february.

Downtown Upturn

Downtown has enjoyed a revival in modern times and Stevens believes his project will attract a lot more visitors away from the Strip. Despite the region getting a revamp with of a bunch of non-gaming attractions, most downtown that is recent have been remodels or refurbishments.

The last brand-new casino to be built from the bottom up was the Sundance in 1980, which later became the leprechaun-themed Fitzgerald’s, and then, in 2012, Stevens’ own D Las Vegas.

If Stevens’ plans receive planning payment sign-off, the Las Vegas City Council may have the last say, with a vote expected next month.

Steve Wynn No Longer Has Control Over Namesake Company, Massachusetts Gaming Commission Rules

In line with the Massachusetts Gaming Commission (MGC), the relationship between Steve Wynn and his casino that is former company been successfully dissolved.

The Steve Wynn signature no longer accompanies the $2.5 billion integrated resort in Everett, Massachusetts, which is now called Encore Boston Harbor. (Image: Chris Christo/Boston Herald)

In a ruling given this week, state regulators concluded that the billionaire’s previous ownership and capacity that is executive Wynn Resorts doesn’t have any bearing in the future of the business’s $2.5 billion built-in resort being built in Everett called Encore Boston Harbor.

The five-member MGC said presented evidence led to their determination that Steve Wynn is no longer an ‘individual qualifier,’ or person with a professional interest in the Massachusetts gaming license issued to Wynn MA, LLC.

He committed no wrongdoing, Wynn resigned in February after numerous allegations of sexual misconduct made against came to light though he continues to maintain. In belated March, the disgraced Las Vegas visionary sold his whole stake into the company he founded in 2002.

In a statement, the MGC said Steve Wynn ‘is no more an officer or director of Wynn Resorts, and accordingly, he can no longer exercise control or provide direction.’

However, the commission added that due to Wynn’s 12 % stock ownership as of the beginning of March, he would be entitled to voting rights at the business’s annual shareholders meeting planned for May 16. The MGC claims upon verification that Steve Wynn will perhaps not exercise his straight to vote, ‘he are de-designated as a qualifier.’

Win for Wynn Resorts

The MGC conclusion is the very first victory that is major brand new Wynn Resorts CEO Matt Maddox. His company remains under research by the state video gaming regulatory board as to be it suitable to put on a casino license.

But the MGC removing Steve Wynn’s name from the operating permit, conditioned on his presumed decision not to ever vote at this thirty days’s shareholder conference, essentially says the Encore Boston Harbor no longer has any relationship to your former casino tycoon.

‘Steve Wynn is not Wynn Resorts,’ Maddox declared month that is last the MGC. In this week’s adjudicatory ruling, it appears the gaming commission agrees.

Wynn Shunned

The MGC’s Investigations and Enforcement Bureau continues to probe whether Wynn Resorts professionals and/or board users knew concerning the sexual allegations, most specifically a $7.5 million settlement payment made in 2005 to a manicurist who reported she had been forced into having sex with the billionaire. The check was written from a shell limited liability company called Entity Y LLC.

Through the bidding procedure, Massachusetts gaming regulators determined Wynn Resorts and connected individual qualifiers were ‘suitable’ for licensure. The MGC specifically noted that Steve Wynn ended up being ‘highly ethical,’ and ‘a perfectionist who is passionate about everything he does.’

MGC Chairman Stephen Crosby stated in the wake of the bombshell allegations that ‘the people of Massachusetts have the directly to understand what the hell took place.’

Wynn Resorts will wait patiently to see where the commission’s investigation comes down. The company is implementing a policy that requires all executives and board members to notify their legal team within 48 hours of any communication with Steve Wynn, which in turn will disclose such correspondence to the MGC in the meantime.

Comments are closed.

image image image